Monday, October 25, 2010

Osh and Jalalabad: After the unrest

Those of us who currently make up the Desolation Travel collective have all spent time in Kyrgyzstan, and we all share a love of this small, Central Asian country. I was glued to the internet throughout the events of last April's revolution and last May/June's ethnic clashes. If I had the funds, I would return to Kyrgyzstan in a heartbeat, just to see for myself what the situation is really like. As I don't have such funds, I must continue to rely on the internet. The folks at the Herro Asia! blog have just posted their story and pictures from their recent visit to the towns of Osh and Jalalabad. The post itself is fairly short, but the pictures, especially of Osh, are definitely worth viewing. CLICK HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment